Sunday 2 April 2017

Colour INKspiration Challenge – CI06

Sunday 2 April 2017



Aren't these colours gorgeous? These would have to be my favourite colours all in one place! So I was excited to make a card using them.
 

The gorgeous pool party paper is from the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper - I would love a whole stack of this! The dragonflies are from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies and the sentiment is from the Dragonfly Dreams Stamp Set (these can be purchased as the Dragonfly Dreams Bundle saving 10%). I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy and attached one of the super cute Mini Paper Clips (from the Mini Paper Clips Combo Pack) and tied a mini bow with Whisper White Baker's Twine.


And the inside is simply decorated with another strip of the DSP, one dragonfly cut apart from the others and a couple of sequin from the Gold Sequin Trim.


I also added a dragonfly to the envelope.


And here's how I coloured the cardstock for the dragonflies -


I painted Calypso Coral ink onto the Shimmery White Cardstock using an aqua painter. Shimmery White Cardstock is perfect for watercolouring and has a delicate shimmer on both sides.
 

When the ink was dry I ran it through the Big Shot using the dragonfly thinlit. I run my thinlits through backwards and forwards several times to get a clean cut.

 
And hey presto 5 cute little dragonflies.

It's Sunday afternoon here and we turned our clocks back last night so it's going to get darker sooner tonight so I'm off to make the most of today's sunshine and warm weather. See you again soon.

Would you like to comment?

09 10