Tuesday 18 April 2017

Global Design Project 083 | Theme Challenge

Tuesday 18 April 2017

 
Welcome to my blog and another card creation for the Global Design Project. This week's challenge is the theme Sparkles/Bling and who doesn't love a bit of bling!


The Sprinkles Embellishments in the Cool Treats Suite add a colourful sparkle to any project. They are made up of tiny sequins and pearl-like spheres and of course, co-ordinate perfectly with the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper.

 
The monsters in the Yummy in My Tummy set are so cute (I know monsters aren't technically meant to be cute but these ones are)! I don't think they're supposed to be pink either!
 
 
Watermelon Wonder, Pear Pizzazz and Peekaboo Peach are the three colours I picked out of the DSP colours to colour my monster and sentiment in. The Time to Party sentiment is from the Confetti Celebration set and looks great coloured in the three colours. I used a marker to colour each word in, gave it a huff to make sure the ink hadn't dried and stamped.
 
 
To make the window in the monster's tummy I used a circle framelit to cut the circle, adhered a piece of window sheet to the back, stuck a strip of foam adhesive around the circle, poured in some Sprinkles Embellishments, then attached a piece of the Tasty Treats DSP. It's tempting to fill up the circle with the embellishments but from experience I've learnt it shakes better with less!
 
There's also some sparkle in the paper as I used the Shimmery White cardstock to ink up and watercolour my image. It's perfect for water colouring!
 
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you like my card.
 

Would you like to comment?

  1. Now that is one Oh So Not Scary Monster! He/she is adorable Angela! I just want to pick the card up and shake that monster until he feels a little ill! Great colouring, fun, bright colours ... love it. Thanks for playing along with Global Design Project each week. We love you playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GDP Design Team! Yes definitely not scary!

      Delete

09 10